Mums are the best and on their special day its only right we spoil them
And since we all are quarantine-ing (all in this together), you sure can take out some time for our irresistible No-bake Banoffee pie recipe as a perfect surprise to woo your mother and yourself ofcourse.
Let’s do it!!
Condensed Milk- 1 tin
Graham cracker crumbs or Marigold Biscuit crumbs- 1 ½ cup
Chocolate chips – ½ cup (If you don’t have, cut whatever chocolate into small pieces)
Unsalted butter- 1/2 cup
Whipped Cream- 1 1/4 cup (if you don’t have, whisk some Amul cream mixed with sugar)
Sliced Bananas- 3
- Prepare the pie dish by greasing with butter and set aside. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a pie dish, use glass bowl or any fancy bowl you have.
- In a food processor, pulse the biscuits, choco-chips and melted butter until sandy in texture. Press the mixture into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a pie dish. Make sure it is tight and compact. Pop into the fridge to chill and set as long as you take to do the rest.
- To prepare dulce de leche (toffee), take the can of condensed milk, remove outside paper and place it in saucepan full of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook it for 2.30 Hours (oh yes, that’s right! Its quite a slow process but hang in there, its all worth it.). While its cooking, you’re free to netflix and chill 😉 , but remember to Keep adding boiled water to it after every 20-25 minutes to make sure that the can is always submerged in the water. After 2.30 hours, remove the can from the saucepan and let it completely cool at room temperature before opening it.
- Spread the cooked condensed milk (Dulce de Leche) on top of the crust and keep it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to let it set. Arrange banana slices on top of the dulce de leche. Cover the top with whipped cream and pop it in fridge for a few hours.
- Garnish with chocolate curls or choco-chips or cocoa powder or anything chocolate before serving.
Leave your reviews in the comment section below!! 🙂